+ Q1.Is spondylosis a dangerous condition?
- Ans.It is not considered a dangerous or serious condition. But yes it might pose harmful effects like discomfort in the neck or lower back. In Ayurveda, it is curable with herbal medications and remedies.
+ Q2.Is walking beneficial for spondylosis?
- Ans.Yes, walking helps with spondylosis. One can walk up to 30 minutes to 1 hour, depending upon their capability .Other physical activities that can help are strength training and Yoga to strengthen the spine and for improving posture.
+ Q3.What results if the spondylosis is not treated?
- Ans.The spinal cord or nerve roots may become severely crushed if spondylosis is not treated. Your spinal cord may be permanently harmed by nerve compression.
+ Q4.Which foods are beneficial for spondylosis patients?
- Ans.The best foods for spondylosis are healthy fats like ghee, cold pressed sesame oil, fruits and vegetables, nuts, omega-3 fatty acids, meals high in vitamin E, and whole grains.
+ Q5.What distinguishes Lumbar from Cervical Spondylosis?
- Ans.Cervical Spondylosis takes place at the cervical vertebrae which are near the neck whereas Lumbar Spondylosis occurs at the lower lumbar region of the vertebrae.
+ Q6.Are Cervical Spondylosis and Cervical Spondylitis serious conditions?
- Ans.Both of these disorders have the potential to produce neck stiffness, discomfort, and severe pain. However, they do not progress but gradually manifest symptoms. Patients who receive the right care and have proper treatment can recover from cervical pain.
+ Q7. What are the most common risk factors for Cervical Spondylosis?
- Ans.Cervical Spondylosis in the elderly is relatively common. The cervical spinal cord typically deteriorates with age due to regular wear and tear. It might develop more quickly due to certain factors like work habits like desk occupations that demand people to sit in a certain position for extended periods, serious neck injuries from accidents, and other jobs that require heavy lifting and intense physical activity.
+ Q8.What things should we avoid in case of Cervical Spondylosis?
- Ans.- Don't sit in uncomfortable positions
- Stay away from high-impact aerobics
- Never carry large objects using your head or back.
- Skip the bad roads
- Avoid making long drives.
- Stay away from the practice of holding the phone on one shoulder and staying like that for extended periods.
- When sleeping, avoid using too many pillows
- Avoid lying on your stomach flat.
+ Q9.How does Ayurveda treat Spondylosis?
- Ans.Understanding the patient's lifestyle, eating habits, and dosha helps us understand the underlying cause of the problem. The patient's Vata dosha has to be calmed as it is a Vata disorder. Nirgundi, suranjan, and other herbs are induced in our medicines as they have anti-inflammatory, nourishing, therapeutic, and Vata-pacifying effects. Taking medicines and a proper diet advised by our doctors can help you recover faster.
+ Q10.How soon can a patient recover?
- Ans.One may start experiencing improvements within 20-25 days of treatment by following the proper course of medicine, diet, and lifestyle measures as prescribed by us. Recovery also depends upon the immune response as well as the digestive power of the patient.
+ Q11.Are your medicines safe?
- Ans.Yes, our medicines are 100% natural and safe for everyone.