+ Q1. What are the signs of insomnia?
- Ans. Having trouble falling asleep, staying asleep, waking up during the night, and having trouble getting back to sleep or waking up earlier in the morning are the basic symptoms of insomnia.
+ Q2. What kind of insomnia might remain for weeks or months?
- Ans. Insomnia that lasts three months or longer and happens at least three nights a week is considered chronic. Poor sleep habits, such as bedtime rituals that fail to signal your body to get ready for sleep or a sleep schedule that is out of sync with your biological clock, are one potential contributing factor to chronic insomnia. Acute insomnia is a type of short-term insomnia that often only lasts a few days or weeks. This kind of insomnia is typically brought on by stressful life events like divorce, the death of a loved one, losing a job, or an impending big test.
+ Q3. What advice can you provide those who struggle with insomnia to help them sleep better at night?
- Ans. Answer: For a restful night's sleep, consider trying some of the following:
-Create a bedtime ritual that enables you to relax and get ready for sleep.
-Include regular physical activity in your daily routine, but refrain from exercising right before night.
-Avoid consuming caffeine, smoking, or alcohol right before bed.
-Every morning, including weekends and holidays, rise at the same time.
-Restrict yourself from using mobile and other electronic appliances before you sleep.
+ Q4. What is the treatment of insomnia in Ayurveda?
- Ans. Exercise, lifestyle with dietary changes along with certain medications may help to cope with insomnia. We at Dr. Dassan’s Ayurveda make an effort to understand the patient’s lifestyle and dietary habits to grasp the underlying causes of the disorder. We use certain natural Medhya herbs which include Brahmi, jatamansi, Shankhpushpi, etc to calm the patient's mind and enhance the nervous system. Patients are advised of different methods of massage which give soothing and calmness to the patient's mind. Along with it exercise, diet, and lifestyle changes are advised which may help the patient to treat insomnia.
+ Q5. Are there any side effects of your treatment?
- Ans. No, there are no side effects of the treatment as it includes a combination of natural Medhya herbs which increase memory providing calmness to the mind which results in increased concentration. All medicines provided are of good quality with appropriate dosage and Anupan (taken along with medicine).
+ Q6. How can I tell whether I'm sleeping enough?
- Ans. Sleeping for at least 8 hours is considered an adequate level of sleep. A sound night's sleep is characterized by spontaneous awakening without the need for an alarm clock, the absence of morning headaches, the absence of morning caffeine needs, and the absence of junk food cravings.
+ Q7. What is the cost of treatment?
- Ans. Our treatment costs around Rs. 1000 to 3000 per month. Since we believe in not only treating the disease but the body as a whole. Any associated condition along with Insomnia will also be treated.
+ Q8. What types of medical disorders can result in insomnia?
- Ans. -Heartburn, arthritis, and fibromyalgia are a few medical conditions that might induce insomnia.
-Chronic anxiety and depression can make it difficult to fall or remain asleep.
-Men with enlarged prostates may have trouble sleeping since they wake up frequently at night to urinate.
-Hot flashes and hormonal shifts frequently make it difficult for women to fall asleep.
-Respiratory illnesses such as asthma Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pregnancy and menopause.